**Graduation Ball Tickets MUST be purchased from the SU Shop before Friday 3rd May**
Graduation Ball Tickets FAQ’s
When and where is the Graduation Ball?
- The Ball will take place on Saturday 11th May, from 7pm at Aintree Racecourse.
Where and when will the tickets go on sale?
- The tickets will go on sale in the SU Shop from Tuesday 8th January.
How much are tickets?
Tickets are £47 when purchased with an NUS EXTRA / TOTUM card, and £49 without.
This includes a three course meal, a complimentary drink on arrival, and free entry to the Edge Hill Students' Union afterparty.
How long will they be on sale for?
- This depends on demand as spaces are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
How to book your tickets?
- Tickets go on sale on Tuesday 8th January, and will be available from the SU Shop (9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri).
- When you book your ticket you will be asked for some basic information so we can keep you updated about the event. You will need to provide your name, phone number, e-mail address, and preferred choice of menu (Meat or Non-Meat option)
- We will also ask you about any food allergies you have. IMPORTANT: If you have any food intolerances, we will ask you to opt for the non-meat option on the menu, as this caters for Gluten intolerances, Vegetarian and Veganism, nut allergies, and lactose intolerances.
- You will then receive your ticket. Your ticket will come with a table and seat number. We will also take a note of the ticket number you have been issued. Keep the ticket somewhere safe as we are unable to re-issue tickets.
- If you plan on attending with a group of friends, please buy your tickets together. IMPORTANT, we are unable to reserve tables or tickets without payment in full. We encourage you to buy your tickets together to ensure you are sat with your friends.
- Please Note, we are unable to move you once you have been allocated a table and seat so please ensure you are happy with the table you are on when you make the purchsase.
How many seats are there at each table?
- Each table can seat a maximum of 10 people, so if you are wanting to book with friends (see below for further information) this is the maximum number of people at each table.
- Please be aware that if your group is smaller than 10, we will allocate the additional seats to another group who you may not know due to the limited availability of the event.
What if I want to book for a group of friends?
- This is fine, either come in together or if you are unable to do this, have one person make the booking on behalf of the group.
- Please ensure you have all the information we need about each member of your group in order for us to make the booking (Name; Student ID; E-mail; Menu choice, and payment).
- We will also ask you about any known food allergies in your group. It's important we ahve this informaiton to allow us to inform the venue.
- Please be aware that if you do not have the information as requested above for all of your group at the time of booking, we will be unable to book their places for you or reserve them a space.
Why are tickets on sale in January?
- We do this as the majority of students request that we align the opening of ticket sales with payment of student loans. The next instalment of loans doesn’t go in until April which leaves it too late to set up the event.
Can I bring a guest that isn’t a student?
- Yes, you can bring a plus one. Your plus one does not have to be a graduating student.
- Plus ones are not free - either your plus one or yourself will have to pay for their ticket.
- Guest are limieted to one per student.
If my friends have already booked on a table, can I sit with them?
- The short answer is yes, if we can accommodate it and if you havn't already been allocated a seat on a different table. If you know what table your friends are sitting on, please let the staff know when you are booking and they can check availability. Please remember that the tables only seat 10.
I understand there are two rooms at the venue, can I swap rooms after the meal?
- As we regularly reach capacity in each room, it won't be possible to change rooms either during or after the meal. You will be able to meet with friends on the terrace outside or in the SU Bar at the afterparty.
What if I’m on placement and can’t come in to pay?
- Not a problem, you can contact the shop directly on 01695 580100 and purchase your ticket with a credit card over the phone and can collect it from us at a later date.
- During peak times the line may be busy, so just drop us an email email@example.com with your name, student ID, and information on the table you want to be added to, including a phone number to contact you. We will call you ASAP so that you are able to pay over the phone. Please do not email any payment information.
What are the menu choices?
Pressing of cured Cheshire ham, roasted sprouting broccoli, burnt Williams pear purée, pea emulsion.
Roasted forgotten carrot spiced hummus. Scorched asparagus, red lentil crackers (V, GF, NF, DF)
Pan seared breast of chicken, hints of sage. Roasted Roscoff onion purée, creamed potatoes, garden beans, apple scented jus.
Cauliflower fritters, charred young courgette, stew of Moroccan chick pea, squash, apricot, cavolo nero (V, GF, NF, DF)
Chocolate fondant tart. Chocolate and orange curd, brandied biscuit, and clotted ice cream.
Chocolate mousse. Chocolate and orange curd, brandied biscuit, and ice cream. (V, GF, NF, DF)
Can I choose something from each menu?
- No, you will need to select either the meat or non-meat option.
What if I have a food intolerance?
- If you have a food intolerance such as dairy or gluten, we advise you to choose the non-meat menu option.
Will Venue be open for an afterparty?
- Yes, we are planning an afterparty in the SU Bar and Venue after the event. Entry will be free for attendees of the Graduation Ball. Simply show the Graduation Ball wristband on arrival.
What if I want to attend the afterparty but not the event itself?
- You are welcome to attend the afterparty, the cost to attend will be £8 (£6 with an NUS Extra/Totum card)
Ticket T & C’s
- Refunds or exchanges cannot be offered on any tickets, except where an event has been cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Edge Hill Students’ Union cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Please check your tickets at point of purchase as mistakes cannot be rectified later.
- All purchases of Graduation Ball tickets will be allocated to each individual by name, and any changes without the prior consent of Edge Hill Students’ Union may result in refusal of entry to the event.
- Event details may be subject to change and all attendees will be notified of changes via e-mail and/or www.edgehillsu.org.uk
- If this ticket is found to be re-sold or transferred for profit, it will become void and may result in the ticket holder being refused entry to the event.
- Tickets sold for other venues outside Edge Hill Students’ Union are subject to standard terms, conditions of entry of Edge Hill Students’ Union and the venue.
- Edge Hill Students’ Union members will require Student ID along with their ticket for entry to the event.
- All guests will need to bring photographic proof of age ID.
For any further enquiries relating to the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org