Graduation Ball Tickets FAQ’s
When and where is the Graduation Ball?
- The Ball will take place on Saturday 12th May from 7pm at Aintree Racecourse.
When will the additional allocation go on sale?
- Tickets will go on sale in the SU Shop (next to Subway) from 9am on Monday 12th February 2018.
How long will they be on sale for?
- This depends on demand as spaces are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
How to book your tickets?
- Tickets will be on-sale in the SU shop from 9am – 5pm Mon-Fri, so pop in and book your seat.
- When you book your ticket you will be asked for some basic information so we can keep you updated about the event. Name/Phone number/e-mail, menu choice, ie vegetarian option.
- We will also ask you about any food allergies you have, its important you give us this information so we can ensure that this is communicated to the venue.
- You will then receive your ticket, we will write the table and seat number you have been allocated, we will also take a note of the ticket you were issued. Keep the ticket somewhere safe as we are unable to re-issue tickets.
How many seats are there at each table?
- Each table can seat a maximum of 10 people, so if you are wanting to book with friends (see below for further information) this is the maximum number of people at each table.
- Please be aware that if your group is smaller than 10, we will allocate the additional seats to another group who you may not know due to the limited availability of the event.
What if I want to book for a group of friends?
- This is fine, either come in together or if you are unable to do this, have one person make the booking on behalf of the group.
- Please ensure you have all the information we need about each member of your group in order for us to make the booking - name/student ID/e-mail, menu choice (please see menu options above) and of course payment.
- We will also ask you about any food allergies they have, it’s important we have this information to allow us to communicated to the venue.
- Please be aware that if you do not have the information as requested above for all of your group at the time of booking, we will be unable to book their places for you or reserve them a space.
Why are tickets on sale in January?
- We do this as the majority of students request that we align the opening of ticket sales with payment of student loans. The next instalment of loans doesn’t go in until April which leaves it too late to set up the event.
Can I bring a guest that isn’t a student?
- If we still have tickets left after the Easter break, then yes, you will be able to bring a guest.
If my friends have already booked on a table, can I sit with them?
- The short answer is yes, if we can accommodate it. If you know what table your friends are sitting on, please let the staff know when you are booking the table number. Please remember that the tables only seat 10.
What if I’m on placement and can’t come in to pay?
- Not a problem, you can contact the shop directly on 01695 580100 and purchase your ticket with a credit card over the phone and can collect it from us at a later date.
- During peak times the line may be busy, so just drop us an email email@example.com with your name, student ID and information on the table you want to be added to, include a phone number to contact you and we can give you a ring so you are able to pay over the phone. Please do not email any payment information.
What are the menu choices?
Soup of summer garden vegetables, chive crème fraiche
(Chive crème fraiche served separately)
(With requested numbers can be made vegan, gluten free or dairy free)
Pie of braised beef and Badger Ale
Colcannon mash, sugar and spice glazed roots (glazed carrots and green vegetables), pan reduction
(With requested numbers can be made dairy & gluten free)
Chargrilled peppers and courgettes, basil scented gnocchi, crème fraiche Romanesco, brioche gremolata, Swiss chard, kale pesto, with a paprika oil dressing
Chargrilled peppers and courgettes, basil scented gnocchi, Romanesco, gremolata, Swiss chard, kale pesto, with a paprika oil dressing
(Using vegetable oils & vegan cheese for pesto & soy milk reduction)
Chocolate and caramel tart
Valrhona chocolate, salted caramel, bitter chocolate soil
Coconut Panna Cotta, Passion Fruit sorbet
(Vegan, Dairy, Gluten Free)
Can I choose something from each menu?
- No, you will need to select either the meat option, vegan or Vegetarian.
What if I have a food intolerance?
- If you have a food intolerance such as dairy or gluten you must notify the staff in the SU Shop when you purchase your ticket and we will notify the venue, your meal will then be adapted.
Ticket T & C’s
- Refunds or exchanges cannot be offered on any tickets, except where an event has been cancelled or re-scheduled.
- Edge Hill Students’ Union cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Please check your tickets at point of purchase as mistakes cannot be rectified later.
- All purchases of Graduation Ball tickets will be allocated to each individual by name and any changes without the prior consent of Edge Hill Students’ Union may result in refusal of entry to the event.
- Event details may be subject to change and all changes will be notified via e-mail and/or www.edgehillsu.org.uk
- If this ticket is found to be re-sold or transferred for profit, it will become void and may result in the ticket holder being reused entry to the event.
- Tickets sold for other venues outside Edge Hill Students’ Union are subject to standard terms, conditions of entry of Edge Hill Students’ Union and the venue.
- Edge Hill Students’ Union members will require Student ID along with their ticket for entry to the event.
- All guests will need to bring photographic proof of age ID.
For any further enquiries relating to the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org